Philosophy and Ethos
"The pupils' personal development is excellent." ISI Report 2011
The atmosphere of every school is unique and we consider the strength and attraction of Hoe Bridge to lie in the atmosphere here. Created by the staff and children it combines warmth, care, good relations and pride in achievement.
The children spend ten years at Hoe Bridge. These are formative years and they should be ten happy and rewarding ones. The parents of our pupils make an expensive commitment to the School, perhaps the most expensive they will ever make. They trust us with their children and our aim is to do the very best for each child. Standards and targets are realistic, though set as high as possible, the bright are challenged and the less able supported; we endeavour to instil confidence in all our children.
Throughout their time at the school, children study English, mathematics, French, Latin, science, history, geography, religious studies, art, design & technology, music, PE & games. Hoe Bridge is an independent school and therefore we able to extend beyond the National Curriculum. This enables us to expand learning both inside and outside the classroom.
The School has an extremely good reputation and we are constantly striving to preserve the atmosphere, improve our results and explore all possibilities for enriching both the School and the children.
- To pursue academic success and to encourage each child to realise his/her potential.
- To maintain a safe environment with children who are self-confident and happy, who are eager to learn and have an optimism and enthusiasm for life.
- To promote respect, courtesy and consideration to all.
- To create a friendly, relaxed atmosphere between pupils and staff, with a firm underlying discipline.
- To work in partnership with parents to promote the welfare of all the children and to establish sound relationships based on trust.